Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton















Caroline and Simon





Wallbanger

By Alice Clayton

Book Blurb:
The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she's gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor's nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy's athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women. And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly...

In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight...




Wallbanger was not what I thought it was going to be at all. I was pretty sure by the name and the sexy cover that it was going to be an all out erotic novel. It wasn't at all! 


What a fun read. I stayed up late two nights in a row reading this Wallbanger novel. I loved it! Caroline had such a fun personality and she could turn around any situation and add a bit of humour to it. I loved her attitude. Even when she was emotionally hurting she only took a short breather to give herself a pep talk and turn it around positively. She is someone you would want in your life so it is no wonder Simon fell for her. 

Caroline had a disadvantage and an advantage with Simon. I couldn't imagine having to listen to his bedroom activities through their joined wall and then start to date him. She certainly knew what she was getting into with him. Well sexually speaking I mean. 

Their slow courtship was simmering goodness. That is how I knew Simon really liked her. He didn't try to rush a sexual relationship with her and they had so much fun just hanging out. I relished with a big smile on my face reading about the pair hanging out together.  The sexual tension and flirtations were a riot. I especially liked a certain baking scene. *grins*


Teasers: nook sleeping, head under an afghan watching The Exorcist, Clive the cat






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing!! I bought the Audiobook when it first came out, but I put it on the back burner for long time, then Angela reviewed it on the blog, I was shocked to find out that it wasn't what I have thought. This sure was a pleasant surprise :)