Saturday, November 9, 2013

Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair













Master Z (Zachary) and Jessica Randall




Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands book 1)

By Cherise Sinclair

Book Blurb:
Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive...is she?

Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in years. But the little sub who has wandered into his club intrigues him. She's intelligent. Reserved. Conservative. After he discovers her interest in BDSM, he can't resist tying her up and unleashing the passion she hides within.






I adore author Kallypso Masters' BDSM romance books and I often see her pimp out another BDSM author, Cherise Sinclair's books. Club Shadowlands was on sale for free on Amazon and I snatched it up. I am always interested in reading a "new to me" author that has been highly recommended by another author I respect. 

Being as Club Shaowlands was book 1 in the series, this first book is the introduction to the club and this story is about the Club Shadowlands owner, Master Z or Zachary. 

I have read plenty of BDSM romance books and I would say that Club Shadowlands was a bit on the soft side. I would suggest that it would be a great book if someone was interested in reading a BDSM book as an introduction to the genre. I admit to thinking that since the story was about the club owner, Master Z, that this novel would be a lot more heavier. Regardless, it was a good read and Master Z was a stellar Dom. 

I was on the fence about Jessica. I liked her in some aspects and in others, something about her annoyed me. As Jessica was completely new to the lifestyle and all that it entailed, I felt her puzzled emotions and her hestitated decisions were all justified. I thought her confusion between abuse and BDSM was totally valid. 

The intimate scenes between Jessica and Master Z were awesome. Actually my favourite part of the story *big grin* The scenes were well written and really hot. As steamy as the scenes were, they were not heavy BDSM. Yes there was bondage, toys and one very short spanking scene but the rest was basically super hot vanilla. As I mentioned, a great introduction into the BDSM genre and I'd happily recommend Club Shadowlands to someone who was curious about BDSM stories. 

Teasers: extremely hot medical scene, Doms aplenty, outside swing sex, first aid to the rescue







No comments: