Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon














Roger's parents
Jerry & Marjorie (Dolly) 



A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows

By Diana Gabaldon

Book Blurb:
Available for the first time as an exclusive eBook in this original Outlander novella, Diana Gabaldon reveals what really happened to Roger MacKenzie Wakefield’s parents. Orphaned during World War II, Roger believed that his mother died during the London Blitz, and that his father, an RAF pilot, was killed in combat. But in An Echo in the Bone, Roger discovers that this may not be the whole story. Now, in “A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows,” readers finally learn the truth.




Okay I admit, as I do with all Diana Gabaldon books, I really don't know how to classify A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows. It's not really a romance but the story is romantic. It is definitely historical and it has the trademark sci-fi fantasy. 

I finished reading Diana Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone for a third time and I really wanted to read what happened to Roger's parents. I actually bought the hardcover, Songs of Love and Death just to read their story. Turns out if I had just waited, I could have just purchased the ebook alone. Oh well, I have some anthology reading sometime if I feel like it. 

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows was wonderful. I had no idea how it was going to turn out nor what Ms Gabaldon had in store for Roger's parents. I was not disappointed at all. 

A Leaf of the Wind of All Hallows could be read as a stand alone but I don't think you'd understand the significance of certain parts and you'd just think that there was possibly some odd parts to the story. Perhaps it would make you curious about the Outlander series. 

I am so entwined into the Outlander series and their characters that it actually breaks my heart that Roger will never learn of the actual outcome of what really happened that fretful day when he lost his mother during the bomb raid in World War two. Or shall I rephrase that and say, that Roger will not know the extension of what happened the day he lost his mother in that air raid. 

The story does answer some long awaited questions and just makes me pine for the next Outlander book. 

Teasers: raw sapphire to the rescue, a mother's love, the return of Frank Randall, Roger ends up waaay back in time





No comments: