Saturday, May 11, 2013

Exposed to You by Beth Kery















Everett Hughes and Joy Hightower's book



Exposed to You ( One Night of Passion book 2)

By Beth Kery


Book Blurb:It’s not often you’re hired to paint a body tattoo—and what a body—on a total stranger at a Hollywood film set. A reserved and careful art teacher, Joy would never forget it. In a rare fit of raw desire she gave herself completely, knowing she’d never see him again, or ever repeat such a shameless, naked impulse.
Little did she know, the man with whom she shared that lightning bolt of lust was star Everett Hughes. For Everett, women and sex came as easily as fame. But how could he hope to convince the guarded Joy that beneath the hard body and sexy façade of celebrity was a real man who wanted only one, real woman?

In the heat of an intoxicating affair, Everett endeavors to break down her barriers, gain her trust, and expose himself as the real deal. But can Joy do the same, and reveal to him the vulnerable woman who longs to be loved, wanted, and desired forever?



I've gone and read this One Night of Passion series out of order but it is totally fine. Each of these books can be read as stand alones or in order. Exposed to You was so fabulous, that I am totally going to turn around now and read book 1, Addicted to You

Romance novels that have a plot where the hero or heroine are hiding a secret normally turn me off. In the case of Exposed to You, I felt the secret was totally legitimate and completely believable. When the story starts, Joy had just been diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. She is a bit numb to the news and is walking around in a bit of a daze. She is talented artist and a temp body painter on a movie set and gifts the actor that she is decorating with a mind blowing BJ. What she doesn't know is that the actor isn't a no name extra but rather the movie lead and is the super famous, Everett Hughes. This action all happens in the first chapter and from there, I didn't want to put down the book. 

After the first chapter, Beth Kery moves the story forward passed all of Joy's chemo treatments and she is now in remission. I have personal knowledge of what is involved with life after Lymphoma and all of the feelings associated with recovery. Beth Kery hit it all bang on. Joy's reservations about sharing her medical history, worry about moving forward and the constant fear of the Lymphoma returning is all very true to life. I was very impressed how accurate it was researched. 

Everett pursued Joy and I think his biggest attraction towards her was how Joy seemed to be so disinterested in his stardom. It had been a long time that Everett had ever dated a woman that seemed interested in just him, the man; not the fame. Everett is describe as internationally known, sexy, blond, goatee, not well dressed and owned a collection of newsboy hats. I can't help but think that Brad Pitt was inspiration for his character's appearance. (Seriously, Google Brad Pitt in a newsboy hat to see what I mean) 

The only part of the book that annoyed me was a particular scene where Everett's previous girlfriend, Jennifer Turner comes to visit. Jennifer's story is a quick novella, Bound to You. I know that Jennifer is in love with John from her story but in this particular scene I am about to describe, I think she was really in the wrong. Here is the scene: Joy and Everett are at his sister's house. Jennifer stops by for a friendly visit. It is obvious that Everett is involved with Joy. At the end of the visit, Jennifer asks if she can speak privately with Everett, alone, on the front porch and then keeps him in private conversation for a long time. I felt there was no need for Jennifer to ask for a private audience right in front of Joy and then to keep him for so long. To me, that entire scene just felt like something a high school ex-girlfriend would have done to rub in the face of new girlfriend. It just didn't sit well with me. 

All in all, a great story and I really enjoyed reading about their courtship and the smoking hot intimate scenes. I revelled being immersed into a story that had heat to back up the intensity and the chemistry that Joy and Everett burned with. As always, Beth Kery's erotic writing was superb

Teasers: Asking permission, rain storm, waking up baby for a snuggle, hospital visit that will melt your heart




2 comments:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Ahhhh I am so reading this. I'm always a little wary of the hidden secret plot too but glad to hear it works. Book one in the series was the first I read of Kery. I didn't even realize it was Kery though b/c mine has her still as Bethany Kane. I loved the book though. Was a great read.

Thanks for the look into Exposed to You. It's on my once I'm caught up on reviews list :)

Unknown said...

Just finished Addicted to You which is the first book. I liked Exposed to You much more.
Thanks for your comment!