Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh















Adria and Riaz's book



Tangle of Need (Phy-Changeling book #11

By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past—one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.
For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno…and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.

It took me a long time to finish Tangle of Need. I just couldn't get into it. It was like a filler book for me. I wanted to read Tangle of Need as soon as it came out but "the powers that be" decided to go with a hardcover and since my books all have to match on the shelf, I waited for the paperback. I also refuse to pay the same price for an ebook as a hardcover so I had to wait and wait for the paperback. When it finally did come out, I bought it but by then I had lost the momentum to read it and other books took priority. Well now with the new book coming out in June, I wanted to for sure get it read. 

Riaz and Adria were just "meh" characters to me. I really had nothing invested in them. I was getting pretty sick of the repetitive word "dominate" and I really couldn't understand why Adria was so torn up about her previous relationship. I felt they were rather boring as a couple. I wouldn't say that I don't like them, I guess it is more that I really have no draw towards them. 

Now the great thing about Tangle of Need was that there was lots of fabulous follow up with Hawke and Sienna's story. That was probably my favourite thing about the story. I admit to fully wanting more story after their book, Kiss of Snow. Tangle of Need definitely delivered on that front. I also called Tangle of Need a filler book because it included updates from a few other couples that put a smile on my face. I love revisiting previous couples. The story also included tidbits of what is to come in the the next book. There wasn't a lot offered but enough that had to be given before then next book comes out this June 2013. 

Tangle of Need didn't have too much from the Phy world but what was included was excellent. With further questions and an amazing cliff hanger ending, I am so looking forward to the next book, Heart of Obsidian

Teasers: Hawk & Sienna's mating ceremony, still guessing on who the Ghost is (who I think it is is so far off the mark that nobody would believe me), SHE AWAKES





No comments: