Saturday, December 1, 2012

Double Time by Olivia Cunning















Trey & Reagan and Ethan's book



Double Time (Sinners on Tour book 3 but really book 5)

Olivia Cunning


Book Blurb:Olivia Cunning delivers the perfect blend of steamy sex, heartwarming romance, and a wicked sense of humor in this menage story featuring the hottest guy in the Sinners band.. 

Trey Mills, the notoriously sexy Sinners rhythm guitarist, gives up his bisexual lifestyle and is swept into a hot, heady romance with Reagan Elliot, a female rock star sensation. But when Trey encounters Reagan's sexy bisexual roommate, Ethan Conner, he can no longer deny who he is or what he wants. Reagan heartily agrees to a solution that opens up a hot new world of sexual experience--and love--with the two men she wants the most.



Trey is adorably sexy. Reagan is a talented fan girl living the dream. Ethan just lucked out. 

One cannot review Double Time without mentioning the wacky book order release. Trey's book should have been #5 but was moved up to #3 without the benefit of having a re-edit done. So the reader gets a peak at Eric's love and Jace's HEA. Bummer. It's not to distracting but if I had not known that bit of info ahead of time, I would have been very confused. 

I just adore this series. I still think that Backstage Pass (book 1) was my favourite but each book afterwards has not disappointed at all. I fell in love with Trey in book 1 so I am actually glad I didn't really have to wait a few years for his story. Double Time does have the feel of a final book so there is definitely a finale type of ending. I hope the other books that have not been released aren't anti-climatic. 

I could relate to Reagan's fan girl persona. I think Olivia Cunning captured that perfectly. Who wouldn't squeal and jump up and down or freeze when coming face to face with their idol? Okay, I came face to face with my idol and as cool as I wanted to act, I know I was totally fan-girling. Even though I wanted Reagan to act all cool, I know it was way more true to life that she didn't. I found I smiled a lot when Reagan was being featured at the beginning. She was overwhelmed and star struck. I so understood and felt her giddiness. 

Ethan was "meh" for me. I usually like a triad but I never got the warm and fuzzies for him. It felt more like he was interfering with Trey and Reagan. Having said that, I LOVED that Olivia Cunning kept Trey's bisexuality true to form by not having him "settle" as a heterosexual man. That is not who he is and a person should never have to change to fit into a relationship no matter how badly they feel they have to. Since Ethan and Reagan had relationship history, Ethan was a good match. I also liked that Ethan was not a huge rock star fan and really didn't know who Trey was. I felt that allowed Trey to be comfortable that Ethan was not in it from the fan mentality angle. Ethan fell for Trey because he was a sensual hot guy. 

The intimate scenes are classic Olivia Cunning and as hot as ever. SMOKING HOT! This menage story is my favourite kind being M/M/F. There is also a mix of M/F and of course M/M. Double Time has all the bells and whistles that makes a story really erotic. I'd never suggest the Sinners on Tour series for anyone who doesn't like to read erotica.  If you do love a good erotic story with an awesome storyline that includes heavy metal rockers, you need to start with book1, Backstage Pass and keep reading. 

**SPOILER**
One thing I am a bit confused about. If you haven't read already read Double Time this is a spoiler. Why did Reagan want Trey to tell Brian about his long time feelings for him? What did he expect Brian to say? By this time, Trey is heavily involved with Ethan and Reagan and Brian is super in love and happy with his wife. I just don't understand the purpose of that conversation? Why did Trey then "forgive" Brian for breaking his heart? 

Teasers: Trey sucking a his cherry lollypop in front of Ethan while flirting with Reagan, best texting pictures ever, Sinners on Tour WITH Exodus End





No comments: