Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guest Guilty Pleasure #18 by author Maggie Wells The Cleanest Dirty Girl




Today I have turned over my blog to the sweetest smutty author I know, Maggie Wells. Her sexy book Seducing Steve had me fall in love with ginger haired nerds everywhere. Welcome Maggie!




I’m so happy to be here at Another Look Book Reviews! I’m just so grateful that Michelle saw me jumping up and down waving my hand when she mentioned opening her blog for authors to share their guilty pleasures.

Although I rarely feel guilty about pleasure, I do have a few little quirks. I like to think they’re intriguing, or, at the very least, endearing. I’m sure my hubby would tell you they’re just plain annoying, but no one asked him. One thing you won’t hear the man complain about is the fact that his wife is a dirty girl. But I’m the cleanest dirty girl around, and he likes me that way.

How’s that, you ask?

Well, I write naughty stories - sweet, sexy, and scintillating stories of seduction just loaded with alliteration. Okay, maybe there a little alliteration. I just can’t resist playing with words. Anyway, while some of these stories may be a little dirtier than others, but you can be extra sure that the girl who wrote them is squeaky-clean.

Because she probably dreamed them up while soaking in the tub.

I love the bathtub. I spend hours in the bath each week. No, I don’t have a cleanliness compulsion, and I’m not trying to drown any guilt (ha!) I may be feeling about penning smutty books. I’ve always loved the tub because it’s one of the few places I can be alone.

My love of the bath began in the 10th grade. That was the year the last of my siblings went off to school, and I no longer had to concede bathroom time to my elders. I could dump a bottle full of bubbles into the tub, crawl in, and stay as long as the hot water held out. I discovered romance novels around the same age, and the combination of tub time and torrid love affairs quickly became a constant in my life.

It wasn’t until I became a wife and mother that the bathtub became my escape hatch. You see, I prefer to hear my name called only in the throes of passion. I have no interest in having it connected to the search for smelly gym shoes. I run away to the tub so when someone calls for me, I can shout back, ‘In the tub!’ and they are forced into immediate retreat.

My husband is boggled by the amount of time I can spend locked away in my steamy paradise. He would ask: What are you doing in there for so long? Didn’t you just take a shower this morning? Don’t you get cold?

I’d bite back the most truthful answers: Hiding from you guys so I can read this smutty book in peace. Yes, but a shower is for the purpose of getting clean and a bath is for escape. No, I can turn the knobs with my toes, so I can hold out as long as the water heater has more to give.

Then I would smile and say: I just love relaxing in the tub. Still the truth, just a kinder, gentler truth.
Bath time is my pleasure, but I’ve gotten over feeling guilty about it. After all, cleanliness is next to godliness, and a girl who writes the kind of smut I’ve been writing needs all the godliness she can muster.

So tell me, where do you go when you need to escape? 

By day Maggie Wells is buried in spreadsheets. At night she pens tales of people tangling up the sheets. She'll tell you she's a deep down dirty girl, but you only have to scratch the surface of this mild-mannered married lady to find a naughty streak a mile wide. The product of a charming rogue and a shameless flirt, she just can't help herself... 

That's part of her charm.

You can find Maggie here on Twitter
Here on Facebook

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Maggie. I loved Seducing Steve and I am so happy you agreed to post here today.

I totally hear you about the escape. Isn't it sad that we must lock ourselves away not to be disturbed?!?!

I don't do bubble baths but instead I do nude hot tubs. I love it because the water stays hot and trust me when I say, my boys dont come anywhere near the hot tub room when they know mom is in there nude. LOL I guess that is threat enough.

Nothing warms me up from this chilling Canadian winter than my hot tub. My feet are always freezing so the tub does the trick.

Julie said...

Okay, you're slowly but surely warming me up to the idea of bubble baths, or maybe it's the wet!smut I'm reading. When I was a little girl I loved bath time, but that's mainly because I had about 35 Fisher Price Little People in there with me. It was a pool party every night.

Now that I'm grown, I'm a pretty dirty girl, in every sense of the word. I run around and sweat all day, so I typically turn to the shower for a quick clean-up. I don't do baths because I don't like soaking in my own filth. But what I COULD do is have a quick cleansing shower, then follow it up with a relaxing tub session. Right? Mmhmm.

Thank you for sharing your guilty pleasure, Maggie! I loved Seducing Steve, and I can't wait to see what new gems you have in store for us! :)

Laurie said...

I'm not a bath fan but I definitely enjoy my alone time. Hubby and I are finally Empty-nesters so when I hear those three magic words, "I'm going fishing." I know I'm going to have the house all to myself. I also love it when the house is quiet and hubby is asleep (he generally goes to bed early) and I have my blanket, my Diet Coke and my remote control.

C.J Duggan said...

Welcome Maggie! That is the ultimate Guilty Pleasure. I have a HUGE bath, seriously it needs a a step ladder and a diving board it's so deep. I specifically chose it for that very reason when we renovated our bathroom. Designed purely for my submersion needs.

Little did I know that our hot water service isnt big enough to cater for it. I can't tell you how many times I have sat in it with the water laping at my elbows as I shiver...Damn! The thought of boiling the kettle to compensate kind of takes the luxury out of it.

*Note to self* Get bigger hot water service.

My favourite time to have a bath is when it's raining outside. Something about a gloomy, cold day that's perfect for relaxing in a hot bath with a smutty book and a beverage with in reach.

Michelle I think I need a hot tub, that sounds sublime!

Anonymous said...

I totally hear ya... I love baths. I soak up in a bubble bath every now and then, with a glass of something bubbly, something sweet to snack on and my ipad - where I usually find myself playing games or reading... I so want a bath now that I'm thinking about it:) Awesome guilty pleasure and great to meet you.